Non Toxic Cleaning Products – Why Use Them?
Are non toxic cleaning products really worth it? Here’s a quick run down to help you decide for yourself.
Non toxic cleaning products have been all over the news but many people ask “What’s the big deal? We’ve been using these cleaners for years.” I want to give you a really simple answer today. I want you to do me a favor … yeah I know starting out asking for favors:) Stop right now and take 5 minutes. Go and grab just a few of your regular household cleaners. It can be all purpose cleaners, disinfectants, dish washing detergent, bathroom cleaners really any cleaner that you want. Grab a few of them and bring them back to your computer and just take a few minutes and look at the labels.
Chances are if you read the labels for just a few seconds you will find words like WARNING, DANGER or CAUTION. Now you may be thinking well they seem to work so what’s the big deal. Today I’m going to tell you! You see at one point I had no idea that there was a need for non toxic cleaning products and didn’t even know they were around. I was like every other Mom who just had always thought you keep your house clean and everyone will be healthy. I had young kids with little viruses coming home all the time so staying on top of my “germ killing” was a must, or so I thought. In fact I actually was obsessed with it because I had a son that had horrible indoor allergies. After years of tests and specialists the only guess anyone could ever give me was he must be allergic to dust. Even though he was on 6 doses of allergy medicine a day I thought it would only get worse if I didn’t stay on top of things.
What do my son’s allergies have to do with non toxic cleaning products?
Well you see about 5 years ago I happened to be watching Oprah on Earth Day. I heard a story about a family who had a child very similar to my son’s and they had found it was their cleaning products that had caused his illness. I honestly had never even heard of such a thing. I was really intrigued by the story and did try out the products and long story short…. my son wasn’t allergic to dust. It was my cleaning products!!!
With a little research I learned just how scary the products we use are. I really had no idea and with the staticis I found it was very easy for me to answer the question so many people ask.
“What’s the big deal? We’ve been using these cleaners for years and we are just fine.”
The bottom line is we aren’t fine! The rates of childhood asthma, cancer, ADD, ADHD (that’s just to name a few) have skyrocketed over the last 20 years and one of the reasons tied to this is the use of cleaning products with harmful toxins in them.
Want to learn the REAL dirt on clean? Learn more about non toxic cleaning products today! Click Here